Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Flag placements and types

:

Canadian

Old May 5th, 2015, 06:38   #1
ravan318

Flag placements and types

Hi I have some questions about the placement of our national flag on the uniforms.

Should I wear it on the left or the right arm, and also what color should the flag be?

1. For example regular units
2. SOF such as CSOR and JTF2.
3. In civilian kit

Also for the IR flag, is it limited to CANSOFCOM or other units too?
ravan318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:43   #2
marac

And you couldn't look up the images yourself? Ok, the regular small flag goes on the left shoulder, and is typically red and white, though green or tan can be worn in the field. The IR flag is issued to other units as well, normally going on deployment, and is worn on the right arm. Not sure about regulations for wearing a flag on a civilian attire, but it might require you putting a flag on every available velcro space, so you could be identified from any angle regardless of lack of obvious canadian camouflage pattern.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 13:17   #3
ravan318

I have looked into it before believe me. It's just that I sometimes see other placements so it confuses me. More importantly I'm curious about the CANSOFCOM placements such as CSOR and JTF2 the most, and I was once told green for TW, tan for desert, and a special one for special operations. Im gonna attempt a CANSOFCOM build which is why I want to get the flag and details as respectfully accurate as possible. However after researching and still couldn't get a clear answer, I decided that its best to show my respect to the Force by asking directly for real clarifications than to randomly guess

Last edited by ravan318; May 5th, 2015 at 13:24..
Old May 5th, 2015, 13:39   #4
ravan318

For example I don't see images of CANSOFCOM members wearing the regular red and white on their arms, and some images even shows on their left arm for the IR one. And if you wear it on the left do you wear it on the right or vice versa? These are questions that boggles my mind the most because I dont want to get it wrong even once. To me getting it wrong is a sign of disrespect to the men and women serving our country.
Old May 5th, 2015, 17:48   #5
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

So then the easiest answer is the left, and OD with TW and Khaki with AR.
No need for additional flags (like the IR). Unless of course you plan on nightops where you may need the IR, in that case it can go right and the left one stays, altho i think you can just swap the left one out for IR but Id let someone else confirm that.
Also as far as i can tell most of those special forces types are given alot more freedom of choice when it come to their gear, and alot of the available photos will show them without flags on the arms at all, and often with just the IR flag in the right or on the back. A quick google of CANSOFCOM and lookin at images you can see alot of different placements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2015, 10:53   #6
Ecks

Small one on the left shoulder, attached on a Velcro tab. Big IR or coloured one on the right arm (on pocket flap; pocket is a field mod of the "old" new cadpat shirt) attached with Velcro. CSOR would wear normal flag, think of them as the US Army Rangers. JTF boys may not wear one at all depending on mission. Think of JTF 2 as the US Navy SEALs.

On arid Cadpat red and white were still commonly worn, as we wanted them to know we were Canadians. I wore my big IR one on my right side, above my ISAF patch.
Ecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 14:05   #7
ShadowTwoSix

Some images I posted in the CSOR thread show pretty consistent placement of tan and/or tan IR flags on the left shoulder, front of PC and in one case rear of helmet. This however could be partly for show as it was a public demonstration.

Still images:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpos...&postcount=286

Video:
http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...6035&catid=802

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian